Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Baby Update

Well, we're half way through our eight month! Praise the Lord! :) We went to the doctor yesterday for our checkup and found out that our little girl (although the doctor refused to check and make sure that baby really is a girl...Said something like, "I've never been wrong." and "I checked once and it's a girl.") Hope he's right! Anyways, is sitting pretty....literally sitting, as in strait up and down with her head way up...not anywhere close to the correct position! :) While we do still have time for our breech baby to turn, the doctor is beginning to talk c-section, scheduled 5 weeks from yesterday! I was not at all ready for that time frame. Suppose we should get the crib up and a car seat bought! :) We go again next Monday to see if she has turned at all, and the doctor explained some "positions" I can get in to try and encourage her to move. Picture, a girl push-up with your hind in sticking up as high as you can get it and your head down. Weird. We are so so SO thankful for a healthy baby, so far, and we know that God has all things in His powerful hands. We would still covet your prayers though for a turned baby and a vaginal delivery! Thanks so much! Hope everyone is having  a happy Tuesday. 

6 comments:

Jen said...

TURN BABY TURN!!!

surely she can hear me.

Robyn said...

I'll be praying she turns around! Hailie was transverse (head on my right side, feet on my left) up until the 38th week I believe. FINALLY she flipped! I was getting worried!

jodes said...

Do yoga. Sounds like the position you said was the downward dog (my fav!). LOL!! I can't believe how quickly the time has flown. I guess that's easy for me to say, right? ;o)

Rob and Carrie said...

I was just going to say that it sounds like a yoga move! We'll be praying that your little girl decides to change positions.

Jessica said...

I'll be praying that your little one turns too! Other then that are things going good? How are you feeling.

Michelle said...

Other then the "normal" aches and pains of late pregnancy things are going well. I'm just trusting that God has this little one in His hands and knows just how she needs to be born! :)