Wednesday, March 28, 2007

You know your a mom when...

Ok this blog is not for those with weak stomachs! Continuing on with the saga of Caleb's sickness...The doctor told me that the anitbiotics Caleb is on may, "make his stools a little loose". Ok that was the understament of the century!!! So it's just about 8 a.m. and we have to be out the door by 8:30 to get Kaden to pre-school on time. I've got Kaden's breakfast cooking and Caleb stripped to his diaper and playing in the living room with some toys (stripped because he's so messy when he eats that he kept staining all of his clothes). It's time to get Caleb into his chair so I can feed him breafast. I pick him up put him in my left arm and take three steps on to the tile and feel a warm oozing wet sensation all over my arm and then hear plop plop plop. My first thought is how is he throwing up down his back...and then I looked. My arm and his back and the floor is covered in green slimy poop. Yeah...you can stop reading now if you want! So my first reaction is to panic. I mean poop is everywhere and to get to Caleb's room I have to walk over the carpet. But I have to get to the clean diapers. So doing my best to contain all the poop on Caleb and my arm I run to his room and set him on the changing table where Caleb proceeds to stick his fingers in his diaper and then start touching everything he can; the table, the wall, the wipes etc. I'm doing my best to get my arm cleaned up so I can begin cleaning him up. I enden up throwing away two changing pads and a whole mess of wipes away there was no salvaging anything. By this time Kaden's breakfast needs to be finished and it's 8:10. I start running bathwater because Caleb has it in his hair and he's just gross. I carry Caleb into the kitchen put him into his bouncy seat, finish breakfast for Kaden, clean the floor as best I can, spray down his changing table and wall with antibacterial stuff, get Caleb and get him into the bath. I quickly take off his diaper and plop him in the tub only to discover that he's gone yet again! Now there's poop in the water and all over the back of his tub chair...So I let the water out and just start washing him with running water. I get him out of the tub and Kaden's done with breakfast. Get Caleb dried and dressed and look at the clock...it's only 8:20 we've got time to spare! :) So after I got back from dropping Kaden off I still had to scrub the tub but other then that the mess was preety contained before we left. Fortunatly, I think he's done pooping for today! :) So you know your a mom when there's poop running down your arm and onto the floor and you're the only one around to clean it up! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww you poor thing! Sorry I wasn't home when you called to hear all about your nightmare.
You handled that a lot better then I would have! Love you and sending you hugs! Non Poopy hugs that is :)

Rob and Carrie said...

Oh, dear, I hope Rob doesn't read this or we'll never have kids! :)

Anonymous said...

wow...i can totally understand...that's pretty gross

Brooke said...

You poor thing!!!! On the other hand, you are amazing for handling that so well!!