Thursday, February 01, 2007

Prayer Request part 2

So we are safely back from our six hour car trip to see the doctor...and now there are more things to pray about. The doctor thinks it may be gastroparalises, simply put a paralyzed stomach, which means it's just not emptying right. So he gave me some medicine to treat the symptoms. He also scheduled an endoscopy for Tuesday (put a tube down your throat to look at your stomach) and some nuclear x-ray that thankfully I can get done in Del Rio. So, we will be making another trip to San Antonio on Tuesday. Hopefully these tests will really reveal what is going on.
Ok now for the hard part, the medications he gave me would require me to stop nursing immediatly. Something, that I knew might happen but my heart was not at all ready to hear. So this is hitting me pretty hard. I've decided not to take the medication until after the test on Tuesday anyway, not just because of the nursing, but I'm not convinced that I have gastroparalises, and I don't want to just treat symptoms, I want to treat the cause. So I'm going to start pumping as much as I can between now and Tuesday, because I won't be able to nurse for 24 hours after the procedure. I realize that our nursing days are numbered, and I'm ok with that, I just need prayer for my heart and just in letting go. And that Caleb will transition well. Please keep praying for answers and that my heart will clearly hear the Lord's leading. Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww Sweety I know we talked about this but still I am so sorry. Know I am praying for you the cause and your heart. Also for Caleb to not have any problems going to a bottle. Love you Honey.

. said...

I hope things work out for you... that the stomach thing isn't your problem, and they find what it is, or that the nursing bottle thing goes well. Reygann had no problem going to the bottle when I had my gallbladder out... but Brody won't touch forumla! Sometimes he isn't even fond of a pumped bottle. Atleast Caleb is eating food and if it doesn't go well he is still getting some form of nutrition.