Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Good Deal

So Matt and I are getting a Progressive Dinner together for the teens this Friday. We're making it a fomral affair since most of our teens are homeschooled and won't have a prom or anything. So I told Matt that if I could find a formal dress under $20 I'd buy one. So I'm in down town Del Rio, which looks a whole lot like Acuna (the Mexican city across the border) but I'd heard good things about one of the dress shops. So there is this sales rack outside and I pick out this really pretty floor length maroon almost wine colored dress, it's satan and fitted, very pretty. So I take it in and ask the shop owner how much it is...she's says "it's 5.99" and I say "it's how much" she says "it's 5.99" I said, "As in five dollars and ninty nine cents" and she starts laughing and says "yes". At this point I know that I'm buying the dress but I try it on for the sake of it and it fits perfect! I love good deals. Who knew that down town Del Rio would be so great today! :) Just thought I'd share my happy story...and anyone in need of a formal dress let me know!
PS. We'll take lots of pictures of the formal so that you can see the $5.99 dress for yourself!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun is that. You can't get a better deal then that. Is it a resale shop? Love you.

jodes said...

Unreal. You can't even find a t-shirt for that price!

Jen said...

see! i told you downtown was better. =] which dress shop did you go to? im so excited!!!

Anonymous said...

Put the pictures up I am so excited. I saw Jen's pics on Myspace. How was it? I love you LOTS.