Well, the last two days have felt like two months, and my head is a little out if it, but I wanted to keep you all in the loop. So excuse the rambling and forgive any incoherent sentences! Tuesday morning I went up to SanAntonio for the endoscopy. I did great coming out of the anesthetic and felt good enough to go out to lunch and run some errands...and of course to Traget and Starbucks! They didn't find anything bad in the test, and stuck to their original diagnosis of gastro parisis and told me to still get the x-ray done in Del Rio. So we came home, and went to have dinner at Mom and Dad's house. Ok, so this is the first full day of not nursing and I'm engorged beyond explination...yeah..it's bad..so my mom offers me nyaced or something which is just a different form of tylenol. So I take that and feel fine. An hour later we sit down to eat and I'm feeling a bit loopy and my head feels heavy. I try to eat and start to choke so I go to lay down on the couch cause I'm not feeling so hot. Within seven minuets I can't move my body. ( Picture Wesley from Princes Bride after he had the life sucked out of him and he could only flop his head! :) So we end up calling the paramedics and they rush me to the ER. Where they can't figure out what's wrong, but I'm starting to improve with the IV flushing through my body. So they decide that I need to go to San Antonio to the Methodist hospital to see a Neuroglogist. So they load me up into the ambulance and a way we go on a three hour ride back to San Antonio. We gt to (Not the funniest drive...a bit bumpy) We get to the hopsital and they start running tests...an MRI, and tuns of blood work. By the next morning, PRAISE THE LORD, I was able to fully move again and was starting to gain strength back. The MRI came back normal and so did the blood work they could do at the hospital. They released me last night at about 6 and we got home about 9:30 pm. I have to go back in a month and see the doctors and get the last results in. Tomorrow I have the x-ray here in Del Rio.
Ok so thars the short and sweet verision of it. Here are the praises, God is so good and has overwelmed us with support from family, friend, church, and military. God worked out all the timing for Matt to be away without having to worry about work, my mom had three days off so she could go with us to San Antonio, Jeremy (and Chris one night) were able to stay with the boys at our house each night and did an AMAZING job taking care of them, and he had others helping during the day. I recovered so quickly and am just supposed to take it easy (a VERY hard thing for me to do, but I'm trying to learn) And through it all God has enveloped me in His peace and strength, like I've never known before.
Thank you fzor all the prayers and as long as you don't get annoyed, I'll continue to update! :)
Thursday, February 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am so glad that you are doing better. I was so worried about you. Thank you for calling me and updating and thinking of me to have Jen or J call. I don't know what I would do without my best friend. If there is anything you need from a million miles away let me know. Also my Mac and Cheese is really good. I love you so much.
We're so glad that frightening experience is over! We love you so much and it was so hard being so far away with all of that happening with you. God IS good and we are thankful that He WAS with you, IS with you and WILL ALWAYS be with you. We will continue to pray that He reveals what is going on with you. We can't wait to see you in April! Give our boys kisses from Grandma & Grandpa Van. Love you all! XXXXX OOOOO
Wow! So glad you are o.k. We'll be praying for you.
Glad you're feeling better. It has to be frustrating not knowing exactly what's wrong and not being able to take care of the boys as well as you would like. We'll continue to keep you in our prayers.
Post a Comment