So I may have been exaggerating a bit when I said that yard sales in Del Rio were an experience like no other...then again we did sell over $100 worth of stuff on Friday while my mom and I were just sitting in the garage pricing things! And we advertised that we would be open at 7 but had at least 8 customers between 6:15 and 7 a.m.!!! People down here love their garage sales! Mom and I are both really happy with how well it went. We just have a few boxes to take to Hospice and one to the consignment shop so not bad considering how much we started with! Our big sale of the day was our antique piano that we bought while we were in North Dakota. We really loved the piano but decided not to put the money into restringing and restoring it. We sold it to a man on the spot and the scrambled to find men to help lift it! (the thing literally weighed like 1,000 lbs.) We got my dad (who has a sore elbow) Matt (who has a torn rotator cuff in his shoulder, my brother J, my neighbor who answered the door in his boxers, and some random man shopping at the yard sale (we gave him a free ladder for helping!) We got it loaded and off it went.
Our favorite customer of the day by far was our very own Kaden. Daddy was finally parting with some of his collectibles (x-men figures still in the box! :) and Kaden was keeping a very close eye on them afraid that someone was going to buy them up. We told them that he could not have them and we at least needed to wait until lunch time to see if someone bought them before we would think about letting him have them...this was to long and to uncertain for Kaden so next thing I know the child has gone in the house, found the stool, got up on his dresser, found his money and comes to me with all his dollars so he can buy his x-men! It was the sweetest thing I'd seen in a long time, so we sold him the x-men (for a discount) and the boy has literally been playing with them every chance he gets since! He's a happy customer! In fact, he's playing with them right now! :)
All in all a very successful day, Praise the Lord...and I'm very glad it's over!
1 comment:
That's too funny about the X Men! Glad the sale went well.
Post a Comment