The Van Hook boys and I enjoyed a long weekend away in Oklahoma for the fourth! What's in Oklahoma you say...not much but our dear friends the McCarters...and a Starbucks! :) We left Thursday afternoon and drove late into the night (it didn't help that we got lost twice) but finally arrived around 1 a.m. (It's about a 7 hour drive with stops...6 1/2 of those hours is in Texas, it's a really big state!) We had a fabulous 4th just hanging out, going for walks, eating, and watching the fireworks. Caleb was still really scared of the fireworks, but just cuddled close and eventually fell asleep...in the middle of the firework show. Unfortunatly, I got sick that night and was sick most of the rest of the weekend (don't worry I still went to Strabucks every day), but despite of that we still had a good time. The grownups got to watch movies, talk, and just spend some quality time. Kaden and Caleb were in Heaven as Josh and Conner (who are 12 and almost 10) loved on them and played with them...I didn't think Kaden was ever going to leave. Conner and Josh had Transformer, Star Wars, Nintendo, Superheros, you name it...I barely saw Kaden for 3 days he was having so much fun playing with the boys. We also got a kick out of seeing William who we remembered as a little boy but is now 16...made me feel really old, and getting to spend time with Shirley's mom was an added bonus. All in all a great time with great friends, and we loved every minute of it...and I'm not just being nice cause Shirley read this page...I loved being with you! (oh and you can blame the lack of pictures on Blogger taking FOREVER to load them up!)
Hope you all had a good 4th of July as well and remembered to thank God for the freedoms we still have in this country. Jesus loves you!
No comments:
Post a Comment