Breaking the board!
Kaden had his first Ta Kwon Do demonstration last night and I had my first teary eyed, proud mama moment...hence the excited and loud cheering in the video! :) I'm not sure why I got so emotional over watching him do high kicks and blocks and breaking boards, except that it was like watching my baby boy grow up into a little man. It's really true what they say about having children, it's like watching your heart walk around outside your body. Master Kaden did a great job doing his high kicks (the child is EXTREMELY flexible...he kicks higher then most dancers!) and "hi-yah's!" down the isle and was so cute to watch doing his blocks and kicks up on stage. My favorite was when all the kiddos were echoing the instructor and yelling things like, "I will be respectful", "I will be a good listener", and "I will do my VERRRRRRRRRY best"! :) Let's hope those lessons stick! Then it was time for the most anticipated moment of the night...breaking the boards! They took the kids up three at a time and they bowed to the audience, their instructor, and then smashed the boards...with their bare hands! And yes it is a real board and not one easily broken. Kaden was so proud and each of the kids got to keep their boards. Ours is now proudly displayed on our mantel!
The camp was run by a really neat Christian church that just has a heart for the community and uses Ta Kwon Do as a way to reach out. If we were staying it's something we would keep Kaden in...we may just have to see what we can find in California. It's just so neat to see that God can use all kinds of things to bring Himself glory.
2 comments:
He looks so cute!! How did he break the board?! That's crazy. Hope you are all well, love you all.
Way to go, Kaden!
Post a Comment