Thursday, July 24, 2008

What we're up to

Kaden getting ready for Ta Kwon Do camp...I think he's just so cute! I love the focus in his eyes in these pictures

Caleb passing the time while we wait for Kaden to get done swimming. The last picture is my favorite :)

Just an update on our week...since I know so many of you anxiously await our blog! :) We have been filling our days with Ta Kwon Do camp and swimming lessons. Kaden is loving both and Caleb and mommy are enjoying some one on one time in the mornings. Kaden is at camp from 9-11:30 and the camp is run by a Christian church in town. It is so  neat how they are incorporating Christ into Ta Kwon Do. Kaden has his performance tomorrow night...the same time that we have scheduled to take the teens out to a ranch and do Bible study. So I'll be taking Kaden and video taping/taking pictures, while Matt is out with the kids and then we'll join them. Anyways, Kaden has been doing kicks, punches, and even breaking boards (although I did find out that the board is made of foam and painted to look like a board. He is loving it though and this is something we may look at getting into once were settled in California. The Caleb story for this week is one morning after we dropped of Kaden we went to Walmart to grab a few things. Caleb saw some Disney princess Kleenexes so we let him get them (no, I'm not at all worried that he loves the princesses...the way I see it he just loves beautiful women!) He kept asking to open the box but we told him he had to wait until we got in the car. So once we finally got in the car Caleb opened the box...and started pulling out Kleenexes and then got very very upset when he couldn't find the princesses inside! Matt and I were laughing so hard, but poor baby just didn't understand why if there were princesses on the outside of the box why they weren't inside too! :) Sweet boy. 
  Swimming is going well too this week. We just decided that even though Kaden is still struggling a bit whatever he can gain from this class will be a benefit so we're still plugging away and every day we see improvement. 
  That's about it for this week, I got my hair highlighted, which is fun but expensive and I"m still getting used to being so blond! Next week we're headed to Six Flags with the teens and doctor's appointments the rest of the week...and then Caleb's birthday...and then moving the next week! AHHHHHHH! It's coming fast! I'm still in a bit of denial and cleaning every day and keeping a "normal" routine...for those of you who know me, I don't do well without my routine! :) Oh, and for Jody...I ran a 9.27 min pace for about 4.6 miles today! I was so stoked! I feel like maybe I'm finally getting my pace back...but I was sure tired at the end! Ok enough rambling. Hope everyone has a great rest of their week and weekend!
 Jesus loves you

3 comments:

candace said...

The story about the princesses and the lack of them being inside the box made me laugh rather hysterically. And I also love the last picture of Caleb, is he planning to become a blonde Elvis impersonator?

It's amazing how quickly time passes sometimes. Also rather strange how slow it seems to pass by as well.

jodes said...

Way to bring it on your run!! You go girl! does anyone even say that anymore!? LOL!! i LOVE your story about Caleb - how sweet. Sounds like you guys are going to be busy right up until the end. I can't believe how fast the time flew (I'm sure you can't either). I'll keep praying for you and your family as you go through this new change. I'm meeting my group for a 9 mile run in the morning - I'm nervous but I think I'll survive. So.. if you're up early and think about it I could really use some prayers! Oops, it seems as though I just wrote a post instead of a comment. My bad. wow. 9.27 that's awesome.

. said...

Sounds like you guys are have a great time! I love the princess story, how sweet! I love your thought about him just loving beautiful women! How would you justify Brody playing with the girls jewlery and wearing their dress up shoes?!? When you say you are moving what exactly does that mean? You are moving out of your house and staying local still for a bit, or moving out of your house and heading to Cal right away?