Monday, July 21, 2008

Girl's Weekend

Mom and I are back from our FABULOUS girl's weekend...sorry no pictures I left the camera with Matt so he could take cute pictures of the boys...but apparently they didn't do anything cute, so no pictures at all from the weekend! :) Mom and I got away early Saturday morning and made our first purchase a block from her house! We came across a yard sale and found a chest of drawers for Chris...since he's moved out and all his clothes live on the floor. We were very excited by that first purchase and then we were off to San Antonio. Who knew outlet malls were so fun!!! I got to go into all these name brand stores, head strait to the back and find all kinds of things on clearance. It was a great way to spend my birthday money. I also got all of Caleb's birthday shopping done so that was very nice. Saturday night, we had dinner at Olive Garden and then had a room on Randolph AFB. We took a walk that night, watched some TV and went to bed...I didn't know I could get so tired just from shopping! Sunday morning we woke up and went to the base chapel for church. We checked out and headed to another, closer shopping center. It was there that I had one of those perfect moments...I was in Target, with my mom, at the clearance racks, holding a Starbucks! All my favorite things! :) We did a bit more shopping and headed out of San Antonio around 1 which got us home (3 hours later) in time for some time with all the boys. 
  I'm so grateful for the memories and the blessings of this weekend! Thanks to husbands that let us go, and God for all the safety on the road and little blessings that added up in big ways!

2 comments:

jodes said...

Sounds like you and your mom had a perfect little getaway! I'm happy for you. A 10k for the record is 6.2 miles. And i think its great that you might be doing the Human Race!! In a sense we'll be running together! :o)

Rob and Carrie said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I can relate to the Target moment. :)