Tuesday, June 03, 2008
Van Hook #3 update
We had our first OB appointment yesterday and God was so gracious. After the initial paper work, lab work, pee test, weight, etc it was finally time to see the doctor (a nurse practitioner but really the same thing). Matt was in a hurry to get back to work so we asked the nurse if we could do the heart beat first. She was happy to oblige...for 10 min or so but couldn't fine a heartbeat. I felt peacful but just kept praying that God would have mercy and spare us the loss of our baby. Matt had to leave but before I left they offered a sonogram at 5:15! I took it and then just prayed until it was time to go back. As soon as they started the sonogram we say a beautiful baby inside! PRAISE THE LORD. The baby's heartbeat was around 173 beats (fast and strong...fast sometimes indicates a girl! :) and the baby was even moving his/her head around. So precious. I'm so grateful that the Lord has allowed this baby to keep growing and the hope we have of meeting this little one in about 7 months!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh man! You gave me goose bumps! I'm glad everthing is fine, and that you seemed to be at peace, I don't think I would have been so calm. The high heartbeat rang true for me... all three times! (Obviously it wasn't high for Brody) Were the boys rates lower? I have only one time been wrong on the heartbeat issue, and the one I was wrong it was a very sick baby so I think that is why it was off. Here's hoping for a girl!
Glad everything is ok. I think you should name her Linda. If you have a girl - just throwing ideas out ;). It is a really nice name.
You gave me goose bumps as well! You are so calm that is great. I am glad that everything is great there. Emmalee had a high heartbeat I don't have much to compare to but Amee told me that. So here is hoping for a girl i am so excited for you. Love you LOTS.
Man, you had me worried too!! I'm so glad you got to see your little one and hear the fast heartbeat!! :o) Hope you have a smooth pregnancy!
The boys did have lower heartbeats somewhere around 140-160s if I remember right. I'll be excited to see what the heartbeat is next time to see if it stays high! :)
im so glad everythign went well. With Jeremy his heartbeat was always in the 150s. with this one at around 2 months it was in the 170s and has steadily dropped and now it's in the 140s so i'm not a believer in that heartbeat thing :) but i still think you should hope for a girl. you are VERY outnumbered in your house lol
Post a Comment