Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Getting Old

Going out Monday night!
How Matt occupied 9 children...not all of them are in this picture! :)
Family Photo!



Well it's official...I'm closer to 30 then 25! :) Matt did an amazing job making my birthday so special this year. On Monday night, he planned a girl's night out for me, my mom, and three of my friends...and he even watched the kids! He watched 9 little ones all by himself and did a FABULOUS job...even had 4 of them in bed before we got home! The highlight of the night though was arriving at the restaurant and noticing a beautifully decorated table. He had picked out decorations and sent them ahead of us so that the table would be beautiful. He picked out white and blue roses, blue ribbons, sea shells, and birthday confetti...but not just any confetti he picked out only the silver,  blue, and green pieces so that they would match the ribbon and roses! He's amazing.
  Last night we just had a family fajita dinner which was just perfect. It was so fun just to be with the family and with our sweet friends from New Jersey. Matt even got me an ice cream cake! My favorite! (notice the blue icing on Kaden's nose! ) He surprised me with beautiful hoop earrings and cash to go shopping with! Sweet man. But more then that I'm just blown away by his outpouring of love. Thank you Lord for such a good sweet man!  The night was bitter sweet though as my mom and I looked at each other both realizing that we'll be moving soon. Here's hoping the summer drags by!

5 comments:

. said...

I can't believe Matt did all that!! VERY Impressive! Maybe Matt could teach a class...

I'm glad you had a great birthday!

Rob and Carrie said...

Happy Belated B'day and way to go, Matt!

jodes said...

Wow! Way to go Matt!! i love that he even sent decorations!! Talk about going above and beyond. How loved you must feel! i love the family picture. Here's hoping for a long and drawn out summer.

Anonymous said...

Ummm...if you are getting old, am I becoming ancient? How depressing. I can't believe I am coming up on the last year of my twenties. Happy Birthday, by the way. Side note: card will be fashionably late...you know that's how I do things ;)Glad you had a good birthday. Love you all.
**Linda

Anonymous said...

Gosh i know it's really late but happy birthday. Matt is way sweet, you did good!! I miss you, am praying for you and love you more then you will ever know.