Friday, January 25, 2008
Live and Learn
Kaden and Caleb had two friends over today...and being the crafty (yeah right) mother that I am, I thought it would be fun to make something while the boys were here. I had this great idea to make shakers...you know the little things you shake and they make noise and are just fun to dance with and play with. I figured I had paper plates, rice, a stapler, and crayons and stickers for decorating. So we went to work on our project. The boys did great decorating the plates and I got busy stapling the plates together so we could put the rice in. By the way, stapling two paper plates together in a perfect circle is much more difficult then it seems! I got the rice poured in, closed up the plate, and gave it to Kaden to shake. It worked great. I even shook it over the counter a couple of times just to make sure the rice wouldn't fall out. The other three boys finished their project but weren't into shaking it around so they ran off to play. Kaden on the other hand was jamming to the music and shaking himself all over the living room...and then he pointed out that his rice was leaking out....all over the living room! There was rice EVERYWHERE! My friend showed up to pick up her boys and I explained that she might not want to let her boys shake the plates...then she pointed out that if you glue the plates together first and then staple them things are not as likely to leak out...that would've been a good idea! So as soon as they left we vacuumed up what we could...but I'm pretty sure we'll be finding rice all over the house for a very long time! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
HA! That is so funny! Good try though, I would have done the same thing.
we use to make those back in first grade we used a whole punch and yarn to tie them together, but i like the glue once idea the best, no vacuming!
Post a Comment