Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The happenings

Just wanted to keep everyone updated on what's going on with us. First, today we were back in San Antonio to see a new doctor for the stomach stuff. God is so awesome and provided an awesome military dcotor who carried, took time, asked questions, gave thought, and offered great advice. I feel so blessed and just so grateful. I've decided not to go back to doctor number one for now...possibly ever. I have one more set of x-rays next Monday and a CT scan just to make sure nothing else is wrong, but then the next step is to start weaning off medication so I'm super excited but nervous about that. Please pray that as I come off the medicine the symptoms don't return. Thanks
Our other exciting news...we got our next assignment!!! Matt was selected to go and teach at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, CO. This is Matt's dream assignment so we again are just praising the Lord for working this out. This means next fall we should be heading to Monterey, California (where I went to highschool, how cool is that!) so that Matt can recieve his masters from the Naval Post Graduate School. That should take a year to a year and a half and then we would move to Colorado. We're so excited...and I'm very grateful that I have like 10 months to process moving away from family...that's the hard part, but I know that God will provide there as well. On the plus side California will move us closer to Matt's family. So that is the big news from Texas. All things for God's glory!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you got into this doctor and the doctor is helpful, I will be praying!! I am so so excited for Matt YAY MATT. I will also be praying that as you process to move from your family you will find peace. But honestly I am just excited that he got the assignment that he wanted and that decision you all were faced with was answered. Love you ALL.