Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Kaden is 5!!!

Kaden and his Kung Fu Panda birthday cake! It was supposed to be red on top and yellow on the sides but I gave up and just splattered it! :)
All Kaden has wanted this year is a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese
Caleb was a bit overwhelmed by Chuck E. Cheese, he just had a blank expression on his face most of the time and watched the mechanical dancing/singing mouse!
Kaden on the other hand enjoyed every moment! He LOVED it and that made 3 hours of screaming children and mass chaos worth it!
We couldn't get Caleb close to the mouse so here's most of the party and Papa Van and Grandma Shawn who get awards for enduring Chuck E. Cheese with us!
We tried in vain for a group photo and then just as we were getting ready to leave they all spontaneously formed a group!


  Sunday we had Kaden's 5th birthday party! He's actually five today and loving every minute of it. We celebrated Sunday and then today he took cupcakes to school (yes, I forgot the camera) and tonight we're taking cookies to AWANA. I think he feels well celebrated. He had a blast and it's so fun to watch his face glow and eyes light up. Hard to believe we've had this gift for 5 years! Thank you Lord. 
  

4 comments:

Jen said...

oh michelle i think the cake turned out wonderful! it look tye-dyed!

Julie said...

Aww, happy birthday Kaden! Isn't it crazy how fast they grow! Kylie wants a Chuck E Cheese birthday too... I don't know if I am brave as you!

Tamsey said...

Welcome to the world of 5-year-olds! JB will be 6 soon and I can't believe it! Congrats to Matt on his promotion.

jodes said...

Nothing beats a Chuck E Cheese birthday!!!! Happy Birthday Kaden!