Well, we get to the church slightly late (totally normal for me) but the Coordinator isn't there yet. No problem we'll just wait downstairs. So we walk down the stairs and there's a rope across the bottom with a handwritten sign which says. "Do not enter. Alarm activated" I think hmmm...that's probably just there to scare people off. So with my two children in tow and Kaden asking mommy why we're breaking the rules and going through the do not enter sign to which my explanation was, "It's OK hunny we need to be down here" we duck under the rope. Immediately an alarm goes off and gets louder and louder and louder until the boys are screaming and we're running for the door. We wait outside the door until we see the secretary come sprinting down the stairs to turn off the alarm. I apologize for not obeying the posted sign...apologize to Kaden and reinforce that yes, we should always obey do not enter signs and we go on to meet the coordinator.
As I'm sitting in the meeting with the coordinator the secretary again comes sprinting down the hall to ask me if the alarm on my van is going off. Yes, it was going off because silly Mommy left her keys in reach of her two year old who has an obsession with pushing the RED button on the key pad. Ahhhhh...so embarrassing. Not a great way to impress the church with my ability to read, follow instructions, or watch my own children! I guess that's what God's grace is for!
4 comments:
Ha Ha HA HAA!!! You are so funny!! I feel for you, hope next time goes smoother for ya! :0)
That's hilarious! :) I guess God was just trying to keep you humble! Don't you just love those moments?!
To funny!! ~Julie
That's funny. Ok I think you guys should join Facebook. It's really cool & Matt would find a bunch of people from HS. You too probably. Alright TTYL.
Post a Comment