Thursday, September 25, 2008

New Neighbors

Kaden checking out his buddies through the gate at the end of the warf. It's hard to imagine and I"m not sure why I didn't get a picture of it but there's a whole side with no gate where you can lean over and be close to them...not that I want to get to much closer! :)
This picture is from the end of the warf where you can't get out to the Sea Lions...believe me you can get Much closer! 
This is a baby Sea Otter, the mama just swam away...it's kinda hard to see details but it's floating on it's back and the big bump is it's head. 
Wanted to post some pictures of our new neighbors! One of the highlights of living in Monterey is being about 5 min. from the beach! I am LOVING that. I'd spend most every day down there if I could get away with it, but alas it's not vacation it's real life! :) So we sneak down there whenever we get the chance. 
  One of my favorite places to go is down to a warf in Monterey where there are literally hundreds of Sea Lions sunning on the rocks. You can lean over and be 4 ft from them, and reach out and touch them if you weren't afraid they'd bight you!  They're so so cute, but as I reminded Caleb and Kaden who were ready to climb on top of them...they're still wild animals! We'll have to get a few more close up shots when we go down next time...or better yet you all come out for a visit and see our new neighbors for yourself!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun. I love the Sea Lions! Glad that Kaden likes his school. Hope you are all good. I am so busy with school...I miss summer vacation!! Talk to you later. Love you all.

jodes said...

they're adorable! I cant' believe how close you can get to them - how fun!!