Sunday, September 21, 2008

Moving In

AHHHHHHH.... Have I ever mentioned how moving is not my favorite thing! But alas, we are in our new home...in meaning 75% of the boxes are out of the house, and 50% of the stuff is put away (we have a functional kitchen, living room, dining room, laundry rooms, and semi bed rooms). The garage...well the garage is going to take a long, long, long time to go through mostly because our lovely movers felt the need to unpack all of my nicely organized bins and put everything inside into random boxes. Hence I've found my maternity clothes wrapped up with Matt's office decor. This is the vain of my existence at the moment, knowing that I'm going to have to go through 30 boxes marked "boys clothes" and soon since Caleb needs the next size up...oh well there are far greater problems then this in the world so I will count my blessings! Praise the Lord we have clothes to go through! 
  We're also having trouble getting our phones working and the internet set up right. This is the first night we have had internet and I'm laying in the "Cave" (the space under the stair well ) since that's where the builders put the internet access!? Oh well, all this is part of the joy of moving. 
  So as  I read back through this it sounds like a lot of complaining, but in reality we have much to be thankful for. We are living in a breathtakingly beautiful area. In fact today, I got to take a couple of hours by myself to just go sit on the beach and walk in the waves. It was me, about 100 seagulls, and some dolphins! Amazing. The boys are doing really well, loving having all their toys back, and Kaden is THRIVING in school, loving every bit of it. He even begs to stay and take naps there, but I draw the line at paying for naps! And Matt is excited to be starting his school soon. We are so thankful for how God is providing. Another big praise is that most of my friends in the North didn't get flooded as I was fearing! Praise the Lord! 
  Well, I've hogged the computer for the last hour and it's late and there more unpacking to do tomorrow so until we chat again...Jesus loves you.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I MISS YOU!!!! cant wait to come visit :D

Brooke said...

Glad you made it and are getting settled. Can't wait until you come visit again though!

Joanie, Billy, Harrison, Haven, Hudson, and Holden said...

I'm so happy things are going well and that you like your new area. I'm with you... I HATE moving and unpacking!! I'm impressed with all you've accomplished so far! That stinks what the movers did, especially after all your work of organizing everything! I hope everything gets sorted out soon and that you have lots of energy for all of the work! Can't wait to see pics of the new house (hint, hint!) =)

Rob and Carrie said...

Oh, dear-that sounds like a lot of organizing! Glad you are finally getting settled, though.