Monday, September 08, 2008

Catching up

Waiting for Matt to land so we could spray him!
Matt taxing into position
Climbing out of the plane
This was the fun part!
Standing at attention while his list of accomplishments were read
Matt recognizing the boys. They both got a little airplane toy


Caleb just kind of walked up there to stand by daddy
Hanging out in the old jump seat 
I love that he's looking at Papa's hat like he's waiting for something to come out of it
Oh, that's what the hat is for!
Texas pilots
Not a whole lot to post so I thought I'd catch everyone up on some pictures from Matt's fini flight. What is a fini flight you might ask? Well, true to it's name it's the last or "final = fini" flight in his aircraft which this time is the T-6 . Matt got to pick 3 of his buddies to fly with him, one in his plane and the other two guys flew in formation with him. Basically, they just get to take the airplane and have fun. When they land, Matt's co-workers, family, friends, and all our teens were waiting for him. As he steps off the plane we get to spray him down with fire extinguishers full of water! Lots of fun for the boys who were very excited to spray daddy! After Matt got soaked we headed inside for some barbecue and fellowship. After the food, the commander came in and gave Matt some medals and such for his service at Laughlin AFB. Matt was also really sweet that night to recognize my parents, Kaden and Caleb, and myself for supporting him over the last 3 1/2 years.  It was really sweet. I'm so glad that Matt could end his time at Laughlin with such sweet memories. 

1 comment:

Mom of Many said...

I miss you. Come backkkkkkkkkkkk! ; )

Melissa