Sunday, May 04, 2008

So I decided...

I didn't run on Saturday. I was so bummed and near tears once the race started but I knew I was making the right decision. After walking around on it all morning, I could already feel it getting sore and stiff and I knew a 3 mile run wouldn't help anything and I'm just not willing to risk not running for a long long time...so I obeyed God and everyone else who told me not to and didn't. I"m going to work out easy tomorrow and I"m hoping to be running by the end of the week. 
  Caleb started running 104 temps Friday night. We took him into the ER but just got the basic give him Tylenol and Motron and keep him cool. They did give us some Amoxycillan cause they thought an ear infection might be trying to start. Praise the Lord, he's fever free today. 
  On a happy note, Matt let Kaden and I go to the George Paul Memorial Bull Riding in Del Rio today! So much fun and I"m not even into country! It's amazing to watch these seemingly sane people climb onto HUGE bulls and try to stay on them for 8 seconds...and that's not even the hard part, the hard part is getting of the bull and away from his kicking hoofs and horns before he smashes you! Still fun and no major injuries from what I could tell. 
  Hope you all had a good weekend too. 
 

1 comment:

jodes said...

Sounds like you made the right decisions. Hard as it was. There's always another race... sucks though, huh? That's aweosme about the bull riding! I'm so into that I even watch it on TV (who knew i was such a hick!?).