Saturday, May 17, 2008

Potty Time



  Just a couple of pictures of Caleb's first time on the potty! :) He's just getting into this phase where he says he has to go potty and then sits up there. He doesn't actually go but it makes him happy to sit up there and at least he's getting used to the whole idea...I don't think I could go either with both Kaden and mommy watching! :)
  Not much else picture worthy going on this weekend. I got to run with my marathon partner just for fun...in the rain, but still a fun time! We had lunch out as a family and then tonight I'm going to go work at the Herald (the high class restaurant in town) for my brother Chris for a couple of hours. I'm just going to help host since it's prom night and they're booked. I just think its fun to watch all the girl's in their pretty dresses. Then later tonight Matt has a squadron party and we have a grad party to go to so a busy but low key Saturday. Sunday, Kaden is having his Sunday School teachers over for lunch and he's so excited so should be a fun time. Hope you all have a good weekend too! Jesus loves you.

6 comments:

. said...

humm, potty training... you'll have to let me know how it goes. i've never trained a boy before... kinda wondering how that works out! brody is REALLY interested in the potty, but hates sitting up there. he is says pee-pee when the girls are going and gets his face all close to the toilet. we were shopping at home depot and lowes last night for stuff for our new bathroom and the whole time we were in the toilet aisle he kept shouting Pee-Pee, Pee-Pee! seriously it was constant over and over again, people we looking at us! :0) So he is interested... just not interested enough yer.

Michelle said...

Yeah ...Caleb isn't even close to understanding that you get on the potty when you feel the urge he just likes to sit up there. I don't know what you did with the girls but we just found it easier to get the little toilet seat and teach Kaden to get right up on the big potty. They have the little shields for boys so that the pee doesn't go spraying everywhere...but to warn you, even with the shield you still need to teach him to point it down or the pee leaks out all around the seat...really gross! :) We didn't teach Kaden to stand up and pee until he had mastered sitting down...and then I let Matt handle that department cause I had no advice there! And they (they being the experts) always say that boys potty train later. Kaden was 2 1/2 when he learned so I'm not expecting much from Caleb until then. I've also heard that if boys potty train before three they are more prone to wetting the bed at night. Kaden still has to wear pull ups...and he's soaked every morning. I have no idea how to teach him to stay dry at night. Anyways, hope that helps and I love the image of all those people staring at you as Brody screamed, "pee, pee!"

Jen said...

so you totally forgot to mention as part of your low key evening that you were going to stop by and take pictures of your FAVORITE teen before she went to prom!

=]

love you.

Anonymous said...

How cute. Sounds like a busy weekend to me. But fun! Hope you have a great week and we need to chat this week sometime. I am spring cleaning I know your jealous. But I did get a new mop so that is always exciting.

. said...

I did the seat on the toilet too, why would anyone want to use a little potty they have to clean out?!? I forgot about the shield... humm I wonder where that went... with my luck it's gone forever! Since Brody is so interested I've set him on the seat and have entertained him trying to get him to stay there, but soon as he gets up he starts arching his back and squirming to get down. Soon as he is down he wants back up!

I never heard about boys training and wetting at night... maybe that is what is up with Reygann. I know she isn't a boy but she does more of the 'boy' things than the 'girl' ones, I've been saying since the beginning she is my boy! She has been trained for a while now, but still wears pullups to bed too. She has been keeping them dry off and on for months and was finally keeping then dry on a regular basis and I was about to venture into the land of sleeping in panties and she started wetting again. (Glad I didn't start yet!) Now She is even peeing in her pants! She has 5 'accidents' in 3 days! I wish I knew what that was about! Gurrr!

Rob and Carrie said...

Way to go, Caleb!