Thursday, December 13, 2007

Major Van Hook

Matt found out on Monday that he is going to be promoted to Major! I'm very excited for him and that he is receiving this honor...and we're both excited about the pay raise! Thank you Lord for the way you provide! Last night there was a major select promotion party....which all the new major selects had to pay for...nothing like throwing yourself a party! It was fun to go and see everyone so happy, but slightly anti-climatic since Matt doesn't actually "pin on" major until next year! So the actual promotion and pay raise doesn't come for another year...but hey let's start celebrating now! :) And actually he'll have to throw himself another party when he does pin on...yeah I don't understand Air Force traditions! :) And I did mean to take my camera and get a picture of the new major select...but alas by the time I got myself, two boys (just woken up from their nap), AWANA gear (that we had to run to after the party, and two pans of cinnamon rolls out the door I forgot! Oh well...I'll make sure to get pictures next time.
Hope every one's having a good week! Oh, by the way...it's finally cold in Del Rio! It was like 45 yesterday! Granted it's in the 60-70s again today...but it was cold yesterday! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS TO MATT!! YAY HOW EXCITING.

Brooke said...

Congrats Matt!!!!!

. said...

How exciting & Congrats! Too bad you have to throw you own parties, oh well!