Sunday, December 30, 2007
Flashback
It's Sunday afternoon and I am having a major flashback to being four years old! Kaden has one of his best friends Mariah over to play this afternoon. It all started when it was time to leave church and Kaden started crying because he didn't want to leave Mariah. Matt's gone for the weekend so I figured it would be fun to have Mariah over and something special for Kaden. All of the sudden, I remembered being four years old and planning with Julie or Bethany who would ask whose parents if we could come over to each others houses to play. I remember going up to the parents with big smiles and saying "PPPLLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!" and trying to look hopeful but not pathetic all at the same time. And I remembered how excited we were when they said yes! And now flashforward to 2007...I'm not four...I'm the mother and I got to say yes to two hopeful little faces and watch how excited they were to have the afternoon together. Amazing how some things never change!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How Sweet! I so remember those days as well. Isn't being a parent swell!!! Love you.
I remember those days too.. plotting with eachother then splitting up so our parents wouldn't know that we already talked about it. Since asking with the other person there meant an automatic NO. I wonder what it will be like when it's my turn...
Post a Comment