Saturday, September 01, 2007
And I'm done...
Thanks so so much for the prayers...they were definitly needed!It was good and really bade and only by God's strength was I able to finsih (makes me wonder how 26 will go, but that's a worry for another day!) by I completed 14.2 miles in just about 2 hours and 13 min. I figured out that's around a 9.3-9.6 min mile which is way faster then I'm used to running! The run was good cause I ran with people that new a whole lot more about running then I do, like you should be eating energy gel every hour (hmmm...might come in handy!) and they had cool water belts and watches that told them their time, pace, heart rate, mileage, etc...yeah, I felt kind of dorky with my water bottle and little watch taht just tells the time...but oh well. At least I learned alot. I kept pace with girls for the first seven miles, which was amazing cause they are super fast...then when we turned around I had to slow it down. That was the bad part. I ran the last seven miles by myself. A great time for praying...things like help me! :) What was really cool was one of the girls husbands met us at like mile 10 with some gatorade and water...how sweet! :) The best part was at the end when I was running slower then I could walk and I was praying for some encouragement and then my brother drove by and waved and honked at me. It just made me smile and helped me to finish. God does answer prayer! All in all, a good run, but I'm looking forward to next week cause it's "only" 10. Now that the boys are down for their nap I'm taking this sore body to bed for a rest! Thanks for praying...and caring, it means so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Congratulations Michelle! What an accomplishment! I’m so proud of you! Especially the last 7 miles you did on your own! It’s so hard to keep going when you’re tired and your by yourself!
Btw, you should check out camelbak.com. I have the catalyst and I love it! It doesn’t bounce and slosh around like other bottle holders and you hardly even notice it’s there. I got mine brand new off of eBay for a steal! Oh, and definitely try the energy gel -it really helps! (A lot of times I'll have a powerbar before I work out too if it's going to be a long workout)
Keep us posted!
Great Job!! I am glad to hear it went well. Love you
That's awesome Michelle!! Way to be strong. I agree with Joanie, look into getting a camelback or something, it'll really save you. And as for gels... i love GU and PowerGels. Its like eating thick frosting. Kinda weird but you'll notice a difference.
As for watches, If you can get one with at stopwatch function that'd be very helpful. You can keep a better eye on your splits. I'm awful at figuring out math when I'm running. OR... when you somehow come into a lot of money, consider getting a Garmin. I swear by mine. it keeps your pace, distance, anything and everything. You can set it up where it'll beep if you go below your intended 8m/m... its awsome. (www.garmin.com)
You make me want to get out there and tackle another marathon! Perhaps next year. ;o)
Did you all of the sudden become really poor?
If you're talking to me, I was just refering to the fact that the Garmin costs like $215.
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=142&pID=348# here's my baby.
Hey again! Just got your comment... you asked if i thought tris or marathons were harder....
i think marathons are much harder. All you're doing is running (which I do find enjoyable), and using the same muscles, which can lead to overuse and injury. I also thought it was harder keeping my mind occupied for hours on end during my long runs (i trained by myslef). At least with triathlons you're mixing in a LOT of cross training which keeps you from injuries. You're also doing three sports which keeps it more fresh. The only downside to tri training is finding time to fit in all three sports. Especially for the swimming, I had a hard time fitting that in most days. You can't just throw on shoes and head out the door, I'd have to drive an hour round trip, and pray there was still enough daylight left.
Okay, I rambled a bit. Marathons were harder to train for. Even so, if I ever get my knees fixed i would love to run another one!
P.S. You may want to try looking for a Garmin on eBay. That's where i got mine and saved a decent amount.
Yea! Great job! But I knew you could do it. When is the actual marathon?
Michelle, you make me laugh so hard when I read your blog. I love your sense of humor!
Post a Comment