Sunday, August 24, 2008

California Update

Well, we are back down in So. Ca after only 2 days in Monterey. God went before us in an amazing way and we are just so blessed and excited. We left early Thursday morning to head up to Monterey to find a home. We got about 2 min. down the freeway and Kaden threw up ....all over...fortunatly he said his tummy hurt so we had a bag ready...but still...really really gross. This continued for the next 4-5 hours! Not a fun way to start off house hunting, but the praise being we were in the truck where I can get to Kaden quickly and not in our brand new van...that would have been very sad! About half way there Matt got sick, which meant that we were stopping every 15-20 min. Makes for a very long drive! We got to Monterey 30 min. before the housing office on the base closed. Before we left, we prayed that if God wanted us to live on base they would have a home availabe by the 15th, which up until this point had not been the case. So we get there and they offer us a newly built duplex available on ....the 15th! We were so excited and signed the paper for it right away. We were a bit dissapointed it was a duplex and not a single family home, but we knew that this was God trying to bless us and we needed to take His gift. So since we didn't have to spend the next week rental hunting, we spent Friday going to the beach, the park, the Aquarium (where we now have membership passes and can bring friends for free, so please come see us!) and going down memory lane for me. Man, it's weird to go back to where you were a teen once you're grown up (whatever that is) and with kiddos of your own. We really enjoyed the day and are super excited to live in Monterey. Pluses: There's 2 Target's wtihin 5 min. of the house, 5-6 Starabucks within 10 min., and the beach wtihin 5 min. VERY EXCITING! Minuses: It's really, really COLD. The boys and I had to go buy pants and jackets and sweat shirts cause we don't really own clothes for cold weather. It's not horrible but 60 feels really cold when you've lived in 90 plus for 3 years!
We drove back down to So. Ca yesterday and now should be staying put for a while. I'm so so glad not to be traveling for a couple of weeks, but am looking forward to getting settled. If you know me at all you know I thrive on routine so I'm a little of kilter! :) I'll try to update again soon. Thanks for your prayers.

4 comments:

. said...

I'm glad you made it up there almost in 1 piece! That's a bummer about the duplex... I wonder what He has going on?? So excited about the Target and Starbucks for you!!! You have to try the strawberry and cream with a shot of mocha and think of me while you drink it! It's my fav!

Rob and Carrie said...

So glad you got a house AND Targets and Starbucks nearby. We definitely need to come visit :)

Anonymous said...

glad things are working out for you guys the way that you wanted them too :)

Jen said...

What's bad about a duplex? Are they not as nice? And I didn't know the boys were sick! Are they better now? I just got done with my first day of classes so call me! Love you and miss you!