It's official, I no longer have a baby! My baby turned 2 on Saturday, and how proud he is to be a big boy! We had a big birthday day from the moment he woke up until he crashed late that night! As soon as Caleb woke up, he was greeted by mommy, daddy, and Kaden singing "Happy Birthday" and then he was rushed into the living room by big brother to see all the decorations. He was so excited to see the house all made up and especially to see the big birthday banner with his favorite Little Einstein's on it! He was so excited to run into the dining room and see the table all set up with his napkins, forks, and spoons! We let Caleb open a few presents before breakfast, so he could wear his Rocket shirt for his party and so that he wouldn't be totally overwelmed later. We had a picnic breakfast in the kitchen and then we worked fast and furiously to get ready for the party. We had to pick up the barbque, set up all the tables outside, set up the shade, put of the bouncy castle, get the rest of the food out, etc. Good thing the teens were over until midnight the night before helping us decorate! Also, as a very important side note, Jennie (one of our teens) spent 4 + hours making Caleb's FABULOUS Rocket cake! It was the hit of the party and absolutely amazing! Anyways, the party started at 11 and we had a great time every minute. All the kids and the adults seemed to have a great time, and I picked really great friends cause every time I turned around someone was helping to clean up! Very nice. We were also really tacky and used the men at the party to help us move our swing set down to it's new owners down the street! :)
After the party, it was NAP TIME! for two very tired boys, but as soon as they woke up it was more birthday fun. We gave the boys some time to play with the new toys and then we headed over to Papa and Grandma's house for family time and presents. Caleb loved his Little Einstein guys and a toddler Karaoke machine! I'll have to get video of them singing with that soon, they are just to cute. We stayed late at Papa's house cooking hot dogs over the fire pit and just enjoying time together. By the time we came home we had two very tired but very happy boys....only 4 months to go until Kaden's birthday! :)
2 comments:
Wow! Kuddos to the cake girl! Great job! I can't believe Caleb is 2! Brody's is coming up, I can't believe how big our babies are!! How awesome is the bounce house!! The kids would DIE if we had one!! It sounds like it was a great day!
Cool Cake. Sorry his card is late I am sure he will be getting it in a few days. I thought he could get his present when you all come here. Love you all.
*Linda
Post a Comment