Sunday, February 24, 2008

Weekend Review





Well, our weekend is quickly coming to a close, but have no fear the fun is not quite over yet. Let's see, shall we start from the beginning...Saturday started bright and early...well not bright since it was overcast, still dark out, WINDY, and COLD ...but anyways it started and registration for the race went smoothly thanks to all the volunteers! I was excited to get to run the race as well as help work it. My goal was to finish the 5k (3.1 miles) in 27 min. The Lord really blessed me and I was able to finish in 26 min and 13 sec! And I was the first girl in! That made me pretty happy. Our Saturday birthday party was a Transformer B-day party so that made Kaden's day! Saturday evening we took the boys over to Papa's house for haircuts, and for those of you who know Kaden's history with haircuts this one went much better with minimal freaking out! Then it was off to Walmart where we purchased a pet...a Beta fish named Indiana Jones but we're calling him Jones for short! The boys are so excited. I'll have to get pictures of Jones soon. Caleb just keeps pointing to him and saying fish and then looking at the rocks and saying rock...I'm not sure which he's more excited about.
  Today we had church, family dinner, and our b-day party at the skating rink. I wasn't going to skate for fear of falling and making a complete idiot of myself...but I did and had so much fun! But I can already feel my calfs starting to ache! Kaden did really well too but spent most of his time in the ball pit. Tonight is family movie night for us and the boys, and then after mom is done working we're having a big family movie night so thats a great way to end out the weekend and head into Monday.
  The pictures are from after church today. Matt wanted his dad to see how much they looked like his dad and his older brother when they were little...they're definitly Van Hook boys! I love the one of Kaden laughing and the last one of Caleb screaming at the ground, to funny.
  Hope you have a great start to your week! Jesus loves you
  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the run!! Great Job I am so so so proud of you. Sounds like lots of fun this weekend. What is the movie selection for this evening? Wish I could come.
Call me sometime this week!!! Love you and miss you.
And oh my could they look MORE Like Van Hook boys and I don't even know what Matt's brothers look like.

jodes said...

26:13 that's awesome Michelle!!! I'm doing my 5k on Sunday but the three of us are sticking together... I'm still hoping for decent time. We'll see.

Do you have movie night every Sunday? i love that! Hope you have a great week and congrats on the newest addition. ;o)

Michelle said...

Yeah family movie night is usually every SUnday. It gives the boys something to look forward too and allows Matt and I to catch up on all our Disney movies!