As much as I miss Matt when we are apart...it's good to miss him. Does that make sense. I'm glad that I still miss him, but I would never know that unles we were apart...and sometimes it's good just to have some quiet time. Take tonight for instance. I got the boys into bed, watered the flowers out front, finished my cleaning for the day, and now I'm typing to you all listening to Christmas music (it's an AWESOME cd made by some of our friends in North Dakota...very soothing and worshipful...if that's a word), and eating a cinnamon roll...things I don't generally do when Matt's around! :) Just a peacful night. It feels like a soothing balm on my spirit. Just quiet and peacful and though the trials and demands and questions haven't dissapeared, they no longer feel important. God is on His throne and in control, and I need to just sit at His feet. On the rare ocassion that I sit still it is amazing what the Lord can speak into my heart. The picture I got for our blue wall has this verse on it, "Be still and know that I am God." Not my favorite verse cause I'm not very good at being still, but a reminder that I need all the time. When the demands and worries and sorrows of this world begin to crowd in I need to be still and Know that He is GOD. Things seem to fade into the distance when I remember that.
Matt and the teens are having a great week at camp so far so that is a praise. They had "date night" tonight so I'm anxious to see how that goes...as far as I understand it all the guys have to randomly pick the name of any girl in the camp and take her to dinner...the kicker being the ages range from just going into 7th grade all the way to first year of college! So you could have a senior with an 8th grader. I'm anxious to see how the kids faired. :)
The boys and I had a good day too. We were at church all morning working on VBS prep, then we "swam" in our pool, and then we had a birthday party to go to this evening. Oh and I mowed the lawn and cleaned a bit. All in all a good day...despite Kaden waking up really really early cause Matt forgot to turn his alarm off and it woke Kaden up.
Ok, so can you tell that there's no one around to talk to! :) Thanks for listening. Have a great evening, and remember who is in control! Jesus loves you
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment