Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Just in case...

Big Brother and Little Sister reading Charlie Brown on the couch. 
I just love all the different kiddo sizes on the couch!

  Just in case you were going through withdraws of not having enough pictures of the kiddos...here are a couple quick snapshots from this morning, before the day got busy. I just get love bubbles for them every time I see their little faces...of course that may be because they're all sleeping angels in their beds right now and I'm finally having a few moments of mommy time! :) We're enjoying Kaden's first week of summer and gearing up for all the fun ahead in the next couple of months....lots of family and friend visits, a road trip to Oregon, and a trip to Del Rio. Lord willing all the plans will work out, and we'll just take one day at a time. 
  The story for the day is my attempt to be crafty...as many of you may know, I'm not a crafty type person but once in a while I got an idea or two. So we got some professional pictures of the kids done and I wanted to buy a frame for our 8 x10...so I found a frame at Target that has a large white mat around the picture. So I get this idea that it would be neat to have the kids put their handprints on the mat around their picture. Ok, I know that's not a really crafty type thing, but still that's big for me...anyways, Kaden and Caleb successfully make their hand prints on the mat...this is a high pressure situation, as we only have one mat and we're not buying another one...but have you ever tried to get a 7 week old to make a hand print!!! Wow...so much harder then I anticipated! Kensie was NOT at all thrilled to have her hand painted let alone opened up, fingers spread out, and pressed against a mat board! However, we did get a half way decent hand print....so when we get it all put together, I'll post a picture to see what you think. So much for being crafty! 

2 comments:

jodes said...

What a fun idea for the picture! i can't wait to see how it turns out. I love that first picture!! She's a lucky little girl to have two doting older brothers. :o)

Brooke said...

What great pictures! Can't wait to see how your craft project turned out!