Friday was a beautiful day on the bay. We hit Starbucks in the morning and headed for the beach. I made the girls hike it up the dunes but it was well worth it for the almost private beach (there was two surfers on the water and a fisherman far away) and the chance to just take in the beauty of the Pacific. God went above and beyond our expectations and blessed us with an amazing site of FOUR surfing dolphins. They were amazing and so beautiful to watch as they did flips in the water. So much cooler then Sea World when they are doing it on they're own out in the wild! After that exciting display we had to hike it back up the dunes and go pick up Kaden.
We ate lunch on the warf (they have the BEST clam chowder in a sour dough bread bowl) and last minute decided to send Matt, Kaden and the girls on a whale watching boat tour. No pregnant women allowed, so Caleb and I went home for a nap. They got to see several whales from the boat...and I'm sure were much more impressive in person then in the pictures! :)
Caleb and I picked everyone up and headed for Salinas to pick up Caleb's pictures and walk the mall. We found some great deals at GAP...still a thrill after living in Del Rio. We took the girls to In and Out for dinner...it's a very California thing and good food.
2 comments:
Wow! Looks like you guys had a great time!! I can't believe the views you have! Such blue water, with mountains in the background... amazing. Why can't pregnant women go whale watching? that stinks - its cool that they saw some! And the surfing dolphins!!! i would LOVE to see that some day! I've only ever saw it on tv. Which I'm sure is lame compared to the real deal.
Oh, I wish I could be there with you to see all of that! How awesome that God let you be stationed there. And then off to beautiful Colorado. You are so blessed. I miss you!
Post a Comment