Tuesday, November 18, 2008

8 Years and Counting

Eight years ago today, right about now,  I was at my reception wondering when it would be over so Matt and I could finally get away and be alone! :) Today is our 8th wedding anniversary! Amazing now looking back to see how God has led us on the paths-mountains and valleys-we've walked. I can't help but look forward to the future and wonder what the next 8 will hold...but it doesn't matter since we know Who holds the future. For today I'm content to rest in this moment and Praise the Lord for a husband who loves me and seeks to provide and care for me as Christ does His church.  Thank you, Matt.
  We have a babysitter for the boys and we're going to have a date alone for the first time since...June I think! Very exciting. I'm not sure what to wear but that's a minor detail, just knowing that I won't have to ask Caleb to stop hitting people in the head that are sitting in the booth behind us and Kaden to please not use his fingers in his mashed potatoes will be Heaven! :) I'm sure we'll get a picture to post as we're trying to take one each anniversary so that by the time we reach 50 we'll have a whole album of pictures that will show how gracefully or not we've aged and changed! :) 
  Hope you all are having a Fabulous November 18th. Jesus loves you

6 comments:

Jen said...

happy anniversary!!! i was going to call you and tell you but i didn't want to interrupt y'alls date :D. miss you and love you so very much, hope your evening is as wonderful as the two of you!

Julie said...

Aww, happy anniversary! I wondered if it was today! Congrats to you both. I hope you had a wonderful, and peaceful date!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!

jodes said...

8 years!? WOW. Happy Anniversary! How was the date?? ;o)

Mom of Many said...

Congratultions on eight years together. That is awesome! I love the idea of the pics every year. I look forward to seeing it on your blog. ; )

Rob and Carrie said...

Congratulations! I hope you have a wonderful time tonight. You'll look beautiful no matter what you wear!