Thursday, October 30, 2008

Dentist

Caleb playing before the dentist...very exciting to walk in and find toys!
Kaden was excited to find video games to play
And we were even more excited to find TV's on the ceiling that we could watch!
Finally done....as you can tell from Caleb's face the excitement ended. :)
Kaden showing off his shiny teeth...Caleb trying to show off his teeth! :)

Well, Mommy survived taking her boys to the dentist...by herself. Yeah...we're just happy we get to wait another 6 months before trying this again. :) Actually, Kaden did much better today then he has in the past. There were moments of great fear, terror, chocking, crying, and clinging...and yelling as loud as he could, "pray Mommy, pray!!!" (Once they realized we were going to cause a scene they put us in a little back room so other kids wouldn't hear us screaming! :)  But we got most of his teeth cleaned...missed two in the back but that's ok! Caleb of course is watching this the whole time and literally biting his fingers with worry...and then it was his turn. He actually did really well through the cleaning and it went fast and was painless. Once Kaden calmed down the dentist came in to count and check out the teeth, he hopped right up on the bed like this was his favorite thing in the world! Then when Caleb had to let the dentist look at his teeth (no brushing) he Freaked out! Oh well we're done and everyone has healthy teeth! Thank you, Jesus! Even more exciting is when I went to make their 6 month out appointment I realized it would be just after the baby is born! WooHoo...less then 6 months to go! :)
 

7 comments:

jodes said...

Oh my!! What an exciting trip! i love the "pray, mommy ,pray" - i was cracking up. I have to say though, what a cool dentist you go to! TVs on ceilings.... video games.... i need a new dentist. Maybe Matt can have the fun job of bringing the boys next time. ;o)

Michelle said...

yes we'll be sharing this experience with daddy!

Amanda said...

Yay for me finally figuring out my google stuff! Now I can leave comments! We just did our annual trip to the dentist. Of the four girls, we had NO cavities!! And I've been meaning to ask you, are we going to have to wait until April to find out the baby's sex? Cause I hate that! :)

Amanda said...

P.S. It's Amanda, in Hawaii. This is actually Chip's acct, hence the KIPO. Just thought I'd clarify or you :)

Michelle said...

Once you said four girls I figured it was you! :) We haven't decided if we're going to find out yet...we'll probably end up waiting. :)

Mom of Many said...

I love your updates! Glad to hear you are dentist free for another six months. Once they are in school, split them up onto different days. That way they don't have to wait as long and they can't react off of each other.
I really enjoyed seeing your beach pictures. I wish that I could come visit. I think mostly because I would just talk your ear off. ; ) Miss you!

Rob and Carrie said...

That is such a cute story! Going to the dentist is no fun! I had to go the same day as the boys.