Monday, October 06, 2008

House Pictures

Front view of the house. We are the duplex on the left (the one without the tree which Matt is very sad about since he wants to decorate it for Christmas )
The park in our front yard
Living room area (although I just got some new pillows to pull in some more aqua colors. )
Other view of the living room
The  "Cave" ( the area under the stairs that we have turned into a toy area)
Kitchen  (smaller then our last kitchen but laid out pretty much the same)
Dining room (this room is really long and the rest of the room were using as an office-Kaden's desk is in the corner of the picture) but we haven't got it all set up yet, so I spared you the picture)
The area at the top of the stairs that I can't figure out what to do with. There's no plugs so we can't make it a reading nook and we don't really need the toy space...any suggestions?

So there you have it a short tour of the house! :) I spared you the bathrooms and bedrooms since they aren't much different then our old house.  We're feeling pretty settled in and now are doing the fun things like trying to find new dentist and doctors. 
  Hope everyone had a good weekend and Monday! :)
  Jesus loves you

6 comments:

. said...

Very nice! I was picturing much worse in my head! For whatever reason duplexes always look slummy in my head! Sorry! Maybe you guys could plant a tree, then Matt could decorate it. Why can't you make a reading nook without an outlet? Is it a dark area? Humm, I'll have to think about that one.

. said...

You could make the nook Kadens school area, but then it wouldn't be convenient too for you...

The Lovegren Bunch said...

Love the pictures!!!! i was amazed to see the house. it does look quite nice, a little small on the inside, but nice. the little area...hmm...i will have to think on that one.

jodes said...

Duplexes can be SO NICE! Almost every time I come across an adorable house it ends up being a duplex! The ones out here are even roomier than most houses. Granted you have to share a wall... anyway! Love the house! I'm glad you're settled in, that's one thing you don't have to stress about. i love little nooks! Unless its a dark area i think a reading area would be perfect! that's what I'd do at least. Or if you could find a little writing desk and put it there. Nice to have a little area for writing letters.... You could always put a little sofa table there with flowers.... I'm gonna keep thinking about it! :~D

Joanie, Billy, Harrison, Haven, Hudson, and Holden said...

Such a cute house! And how perfect to have that park right outside! I can't believe how unpacked and decorated you are! Looks like you've been living there for a long time! I'll have to think some more about that nook. It stinks that there is no outlet.

Michelle said...

Thanks for thinking on the nook...I"m thinking of just making it a cuddle area before bed...just pillows and stuff...The basket we may put some books in...or it just may stay the mystery nook until we leave! :)