Well it's offical Caleb's one! He's such a big boy now...well not really any bigger then the day before, but you know what I mean. We had an awesome puppy birthday party which Caleb seemed to enjoy...most of. I started out his birthday by singing Happy Birthday to him in his crib...but then Kaden explained to me that it wasn't really his birthday yet because the decorations weren't up. I believe his exact words were, "Caleb's heart isn't one yet because there aren't any decorations up." Too cute. So we decided to get the decorations up! Uncle Jeremy came over and helped us hang the streamers since he's so tall he can reach the ceiling without a chair! The rest of the day was pretty status quo. I decorated his birthday cake ( I had made it the day before) which was so messy. The icing kept tearing up the cake so his puppy came out looking very speckled but since the cake was a dog, it wasn't to horribly messed up. (It looks nothing like Amanda's beautiful cakes!) The party started about 5:30 and our friend brought their bouncy castle over. The kids, even Caleb, had such a good time bouncing...but they were all a sweaty mess. Caleb was very excited about the bouncy castle, usually he just has to watch from the outside! After bouncing was pizza, and then presents. Presents are always so overwelming on your first birthday. One, you don't know how to open this box in front of you so mom or other random kids start ripping the paper off, and inside is this really cool toy! Two, no one lets you play with the toy because there are more presents to open. Three, by the third present everyone is crowded around you so you feel smotherd, you're still trying to play with the last present and everyone else is trying to show you the new present...very confusing. Caleb did fairly well, but by the end we just handed him to Papa with one of his new books and he was much happier...while everyone else opend the gifts! :) We've put some toys aside for now and will bring them out over the next couple of days...spread out the fun! After presents was cake for the first time! He was a bit confused over why he was getting in his chair again after eating supper but once we all started singing he was pretty happy. He was slightly afraid of the candle. So we gave him his own little cake to eat...at first he was very polite and just took little finger buts to eat...but before long he was digging into the cake like there was no tomorrow. It was great. He loved his cake...but not as much as his icecream (my kind of boy!) He loved his icecream so much he was trying to suck it off his spoon like a bottle! That was my favorite part of the night. All in all, a great night. Caleb did so well with everything. He was a tired little one year old when he finally fell asleep last night. And must still be tired since he's taking a three hour nap! And just to note, Kaden was an awesome birthday brother! I was so proud of him, just the way he loved on Caleb and wasn't to pushy and shared all his toys with the kids...he was awesome!
We sure missed everyone who couldn't be here to celebrate. We love and miss you all so much. I hope the pictures and stories help!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday to Caleb!!!
I thought you did a nice job on the cake.
When I first looked at the pictures in the booster seat, I thought he was completely naked...as in no diaper either.
He has gotten so big. Or you are getting smaller! I love the cake it's to cute. Looks like a great Day. Love you.
Aww, looks like a great party! I wish we could have been down there with you guys! Next time your are in the area we should have all the kids together and have a huge birthday party! It makes me sad to know Brody's first birthday is just around the corner! Our Boys are growing up! Sniff, sniff! What did Caleb get? I need boy toy suggestions!
Caleb is way into his brother's little people sets, so we got him the garage set where you can put the cars down the ramp. And he loves books so we got him some of those too.
Oh my gosh! I was at Target yesterday and I saw that and bought it!! (I used to have one like that when I was little) The girls love their little people too so I thought it would be good to have a manly addition to the castle and dream house! I swear I didn't even read your suggestion yet.. I guess great minds really do think alike!
Post a Comment