Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Weekend update

So I've officially become obsessed with running. :) Matt had to leave for work by 6 a.m. this morning. Which meant if I wanted to run I had to leave at 5 a.m....up until this point I've kept myself from running before 5:45 but today I gave in and ran at 5. Crazy, I know. It was actually a really good run except for that fact that it was really dark. :) And I made it home by 6 so Matt could leave, and then I thought great I'll have all this time this morning to get some stuff done, but by the time I got my shower and had my devotions, I was just sitting down to get on the comptuer and Kaden got up! Ahhh...I love how my plans never work out! :) Keeps my eyes focused on the Lord and realizing I'm not in control...probably a good thing for all involved! :)
Anyways, we had an awesome birthday/Father's day weekend. Matt took me to the local Hampton Inn for the night and it was so much fun just to get away and watch cable (We don't have cable at home!) spend some time together, and sleep in...until 9:30! Ok I know 9:30 isn't that late but compared to 5 it was awesome! And Jeremy did awesome with the boys over night, I'm so proud of him! Thanks J! Other then that we just spent Sunday with the family which is always so much fun. Oh, and My sweet husband bought me an ipod for my birthday but my brothers have had to put the music on it for me and today they're going to come over and teach me how to turn it on! :)
And now we're into another week which seems to be filling up fast...in fact we were watching a family of five today so maybe we'll get some good pictures. Hope you all have a good day...and I'lll let you know what time my energy runs out today...this may be a two cups of coffee day!

3 comments:

jodes said...

What better obsession to have than running!? I can't think of any! Welcome to the addiction.

Sounds like you had a lovely weekend. Sleeping in until 9:30... I'm so jealous! :o) Who knew that one day we would consider getting up at 9:30, heck even 7:00 as sleeping in!? how sad is that!?

Have fun with your ipod! I also wouldn't know how to turn it on. I tried it once and got all confused. I'll stick with my MP3 player.

Have a great rest of the day! Hope you find some energy! :o)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update we have to chat again on the phone I have a question. LOVE YOU

Joanie, Billy, Harrison, Haven, Hudson, and Holden said...

I'm with you Michelle! In order for me to get my biking in (or running with out pushing kids) I have to do it before Billy leaves for work! It's so hard to get up and out that early, but it's always worth it. It's always so beautiful and peaceful first thing in the morning. Seems like Harrison always wakes up early those days though! I'm glad you're enjoying your running! Keep up the good work! How did your energy level go the rest of the day??