Well, it's official, I'm crazy. Not only did we run 13.1 miles on Saturday we did it in pouring rain, thunder, and lightening...yes, I know not the brightest of things to do, but by the time it started pouring we were like 5 or 6 miles into the run and we didn't see the lightnening until we were about two miles from finishing (and it wasn't high in the sky lightening either, it was hitting the ground scary lightening!) So we just kept going and finished in 2 hours 19 min and 30 somthing seconds! Not bad for the conditions! :) So that was an awesome way to start Saturday. But I've been really tired (and grumpy) since...poor Matt! :) I'm hoping to get caught up on my sleep tonight since tomorrow VBS starts and right now that seems very overwelming! :) Pray that I'll have the right heart and be relying on God's strength not my own. It does seem like that is a good lesson He's trying to teach right now. I can't do it on my own, I need Him to carry me through...Wish I was a faster learner and didn't always have to figure things out the hard way! :) Thanks in advance for the prayers!
PS. congrats to Joanie and Jody on their tri training! Way to go!!!
Sunday, June 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Way to go Michelle!!! I'm so proud of you. And what wonderful time! I just looked mine up, the fist half marathon I did I ran it in 2:21:57. I'm very impressed. Was this an official race or a training run?
I know all about being crabby after long runs. Takes a lot out of you!
Can't wait to hear more about your runs!
That wasn't official time just training time. It'll be exciting to see what official time will be. Thanks for all of your encouragment.
Are you going to be in a half-marathon race? How long have you been running, this is the first I've heard of it! Yay for you! What an accomplishment! =)
Wow! That's great! I wish i could run like that.
Great job!
I'll be praying for you!
Post a Comment