Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Family Time

Mom and I at the aquarium. Isn't she beautiful!
We took Dad and Mom out to our favorite restraunt in Carmel. I just love this shot of them. 
Kaden and Papa playing in the maze at the Denise the Menace park...yes my dad wore his white cowboy hat ALL over California!  :) He was so easy to find! 
Papa and his grandsons on the train
One more picture by the statue
Mom and I being showered with love on Valentines day...we all got gifts but the boys opened everyones for them.
Kaden "posing" by the ocean on our drive along Big Sur
Not a great picture of me...but wanted to give you a view of the baby belly! We're 30 weeks now.
It rained off and on most of the time Mom and Dad were here. Matt and Dad got some great shots of the rain out over the ocean
More rain off in the distance
Our one and only "whole family" shot.
Papa, Grandma, Kaden and Caleb

  Well, it's with a heavy heart that I look through and post these pictures. Mom and Dad headed back to Texas today. Every moment of the last week was precious, protected, and sweet...but man the goodbyes are SO hard. Kaden and I just kind of clung to each other and cried and I explained to him that saying goodbye is one of the hardest things we have to do in life. Still, the time together is well worth the pain of separation. 
  That being said, the week was a blast. We did all of the normal sight seeing tours, but were able to squeeze in lots of fabulous visits with dear friends from when my family lived here 10 years ago, lots of Starbucks stops, eating out, open houses, and fabulous 3-4 mile walks each day (rain or shine!) :)  Such a blessing. Mom and I even got to get away for some girl shopping time, and although Matt and Dad did get rained out of their amazing sky box on Pebble Beach's 17th green, they got some good time together too. 
  Just wanted to share a few pictures and tell Mom and Dad...I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU SO MUCH!

4 comments:

Noel said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful time with them! :)

Jen said...

wonderful!

Rob and Carrie said...

So glad you had such a wonderful time, but I know what you mean about the good-byes!

Jessica said...

Michelle, you look great pregnant!! I'm glad you had such a great time with your family. :)