That was just a really weird way to start off Monday!
Monday, November 09, 2009
Has this every happened to you...
So here's an odd story for you....today at school I had to stop by the office to turn something in. While there, a mom that I've met but don't know well (don't even know her name) was there as well. She is...well we'll call her "organic" :) not really a hippie but very natural. Anyways, she's talking to Kensington and Kensie grabs her finger and pulls it to her mouth. Now most people say, 'no, no baby ' and pull it away. Not today. So Kensie's chewing not only on her finger but her glove...which is dirty...She starts talking about how she hasn't had a baby chew on her finger in 7 years etc. then starts saying, "oh, it's so dirty but I guess she's just building up her immunity one bite at a time!" WHAT! Then she starts letting her chew on the other hand. At this point I don't know what to say so I babble something about she's very tactile she must like the feel of the fabric (I'm in shock a bit at this point) THEN she pulls off her gloves and says here she can have them to play with! WHAT! I don't want your gloves!!! So I try to give them back, but she's like, "no, no I'll just see you later and get them!" WHAT! So now I'm left standing in the office with a pair of dirty gloves that don't belong to me and a baby that wants to chew on them! :) Weird. So not knowing what to do I ask the secretary if I could just leave them there so they could be picked back up. I don't know if that was the best thing to do. I don't want her to think that I was rude...but I don't want them in my car for the next 3 weeks driving me crazy until I see her! So I guess the next time I see her I'll just check to see if she got them back and tell her Thank you? I guess that's what you say in this situation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
lol! can't stop laughing. that's so weird! the last thing you want is to someone to stick their fingers in your baby's mouth, especially during flu season! Sorry you had to endure that. maybe if you just threw the gloves away and she never got them back, she'd learn not to lend them out to strangers....j/k! ;)
Oh my! That was soo funny!! There is such a fine line there, you don't want to be rude to someone you have to see again (and again, and again) but at the same time you don't just want to let her chew on it. Ewww!!
Here's the real question though... why is she wearing gloves, you live in CA!? :0)
Whatever you do, PLEASE do NOT make a sign for your car seat that says "please don't touch the baby"... yup, it's been done! (Not by me of course!)
That's so weird...
Oh, my goodness-that's funny! And so weird!
Soooooo weird! We all have to be cautious right now... Being a mom she should understand that.
hahahaha. wow. That's hilarious and so awkward and weird. It makes you wonder how and why people get that way.
Post a Comment