Saturday, November 14, 2009

3K

Getting excited and pumped for the start of the race
Posing with the strawberries...we were a little leery of posing with the other fruits and veggies...celery was a little scary!
Almost time to run! So proud of my boy!

Kaden and I completed our first race today with a 38. 31 time! It was so much fun! Well...I had a blast. Kaden swore off of ever racing again. :) It was a long way for a first go, but he did great and really pushed it to the end. I love what cheering fans do to your ego! Monterey did a great job making it fun. There was a live band, Bubba Gumps sponsored the race so of course Forest was there and lots of food for after the race (but really who wants macaroni and cheese and hot dogs at 9 a.m.! Gross!), and the local children's museum had play stations set up, oh and lots of people dressed up like veggies and fruit. :) Such a fun way to start off race weekend. Pray for me tomorrow! Thank you Lord for the gift of running.

2 comments:

The Lovegren Bunch said...

I had no idea Kaden was running, too!!!!! i'm sure he had fun, as well as you!! you are in my prayers today as you run. is it a half-marathon? i don't remember.

jodes said...

Way to go Kaden!!!!