Sunday, January 04, 2009

First Post of 2009

Mommy and Caleb on the beach ( I love his little red nose!)
We celebrated new year's eve with an amazing spread, sparkling cider, amazing friends, worship, a good movie, and party hats...what more could you want...and I even stayed awake until 12!
Matt with his boys on the "dog stature" that he used to go to as a small boy when he visited his grandparents. 
  Four days into the new year and I thought it was time to stop in and say hello! :) We've had a fun and blessed whirlwind of the last couple of weeks. We enjoyed every unplanned moment of the last week with our dear friends (yes, we did all the "normal" Van Hook sight seeing tour stops such as the aquarium, Big Sur, Lovers Point, Fisherman's Warf...but added in Jack's Peak and San Mateo)  and just feel so blessed to love and be loved in return. That being said, we've spent the last couple of days taking Christmas down, cleaning the house, running errands, and preping for our next guest...Ms. Jennie! We are so excited that Jennie is coming to spend the next week with us. She is one of our daughters from Del Rio (from the youth group) and I can't wait to show off California to her and her to California. 
  Kaden is excited to head back to school tomorrow...Matt is not as excited to head back on Wednesday. That leaves Caleb and I without school but I'm sure we'll be busy as we pick up the routine and mommy starts nesting! I have the unquenchable desire to purge, organize, and clean...hmmm must mean we're in the second trimester! :) 
  Hope everyone's New Year is off to a blessed start...no matter what the circumstances may you know that God is on His throne and this world is just a shadow of things to come! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally remember that statue. How funny. Glad your new years has been great. Ours has been fun, especially since the Chargers won, although I lost my voice and got a cold from yelling so loud in the cold night...it was worth it. Luv you all.

Tamsey said...

Hi Michelle - that's wonderful that you get to see Anna so much...I miss both of you! Happy New Year!

Tamsey

Rob and Carrie said...

Happy New Year! I can't remember if I told you how cute your new blog look is!