Well, we are having a fabulous time in Del Rio, Tx....despite the HEAT. I guess my body has truly adapted to California weather because the heat never used to bother me but I definitly notice how HOT it is now. Sweet Kesington just looks at me like she's asking, "Why...why am I so hot and sweaty?" :) However, it's worth the heat and more to get to be here with my family. What a shock/joy to watch Jeremy be a husband and father...still a little weirded out a bit, but he's doing an amazing job and has a wonderful family. Speaking of Jeremy and family, we decided to do a quick trip to McDonalds for dinner. I was sure it would bring back sweet memories for Kaden of all the fun playdates of the past and just be a good way to end the evening. What I did not anticipate is the years of therapy sessions we will be paying for in the future for Caleb!
We played, we sat down to eat, and Caleb notices the cardboard cut out of the Hamburlger (you know the little guy in a black and white striped hat and outfit that used to run around and steal the hamburgers from everyone and then Ronald would catch him and he would give them all back...Ok so maybe you had to be a kid in the 80's to remember him...but the point being he's a very non-threatening cartoon) Anyways, this is not the first time Caleb has seen him so when he asked who he was I said, "He's the Hamburglur he runs around and steals every ones hamburgers." Moving on, it's now time to play before we leave. Caleb follows Kaden up the McDonalds play set and starts SCREAMING in TERROR...I'm not talking, I'm scared there's a bug, I'm talking shaking, crying, screaming, I'm going to die screaming...enough that other parents were gathering under the slide in fear. I go climbing up the set, because he's so irrational at this point he can't even hear my voice. I climb up, rescue my screaming child, nestle him in my arms and discover that he is terrified of climbing through the tunnels because that is where the Hamburgler lives and is going to eat him!!! WHAT!!!! :) Sweet Baby, I'm not sure where he got that, but we will not be visiting the McDonald's playland for a while.
Well, it is now way past my bedtime...my body hasn't quite adjusted to the time change yet. I feel great at night cause 11 pm. is like 9 pm at home...but the mornings are killing me cause 6 am is 4 am!
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my gosh! Poor little Caleb!!! How swee and oh, so funny!! Start saving up for the therary; he might be needing quite a bit after that. ;o)
AWww poor lil guy!
Just FYI - my kids don't have a college fund. They have a THERAPY fund. :)
Oh, dear-poor guy! I was always scared of Ronald as a kid.....I still kind of am! :)
Post a Comment