Wednesday, April 01, 2009

3 weeks and counting...

So I really need to get the boys down for their nap, but don't even feel like I have enough energy to climb the stairs...so here I sit. It may be time to par down the walking in the mornings...my buns are so sore today  and  I'm SO tired...anyways....
  Our OB appointment was the best yet yesterday. Not because the baby flipped...she's still sitting pretty with her head up, but because the doctor was very giving and LISTENED! Very nice. We decided to go ahead and set a c-section date understanding that she will probably not flip though God can do anything even up until the last minute. He did assure me that he will do an ultrasound right before the c-section just to make sure there isn't any last minute turning...in fact, he shared one story about a lady he had a spinal in, draped, and prepped in the OR and he saw her stomach do a weird flip and sure enough the baby flipped at that moment! They just waited until the spinal wore off and then induced her! Crazy! I don't think that will be our story but we'll see. 
  The most amazing part of yesterday was before I went in Matt and I sat down and picked a day that would be our day of choice if given one. We figured Thursday the 23rd at about noon looked best for Matt's school schedule and for my mom coming within a week...so as the Dr.s walking out the office door he's mumbling something about the 16th for a date, I can't follow to talk to him cause I'm stripped from the waist down and hear something about he'll call me and let me know. Whatever. So I'm standing at the desk waiting to make an appointment for next week and he comes up behind me and says, "You know I don't usually do this, but I"m willing to let you go to your due date!" What!!!! I've been asking for that for weeks. I start thanking him profusely and I say, "Just to clarify that's the 27th?" He says, "No, I have the 23rd as your due date!" At this point, I'm like ok God you win I'll let you have control...so they called last night and we're scheduled for April 23 at 12 p.m.! 3 weeks from tomorrow! Thanks for the prayers. We'd still love to see her flip but I have much more peace knowing that God is in control and working out all the details...down to the date and time!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Michelle that's amazing!! Or rather, God is amazing! :-) I'll be praying for you and for that stubborn little girl to flip in time.

I just got my official date this week, I'm being induced on Monday April 13th at 8am!

candace said...

I was apparently supposed to be a breech birth, but I rotated within the last week or less. I think that's when my Mom claims that she thought I had broken one of her ribs. That incident happened at some point, but I don't really remember when. So there's always hope!

Tamsey said...

Thank you for keeping us updated! I'll be praying for you and the birth. How exciting...a baby girl. We find out until April 8th, 21 weeks and hopefully the baby won't be covering it!

Anonymous said...

First, that weird flipping baby story really grossed me out... :)And second, I put the day on my calendar, I am so excited. So we will be seeing you just about a month after that...she will be so tiny still...yeah! Love you all. Give the boys hugs and kisses!

Joanie, Billy, Harrison, Haven, Hudson, and Holden said...

So awesome how everything is working out. We'll keep praying!! It seems like your pregnancy has flown by (easy for me to say, right?!) Your going to be holding your precious baby girl SOON!!